How it Works: Step by Step
STEP 1: Create a Free Account
Sign up for a free Gift of Education account and create a profile of your child, including a photo if you choose. You’ll also need to register his/her existing savings plan information. Don't have a savings account yet? No problem—they are a cinch to set up. Visit our Ways To Save page for information and inks to set up a savings account today.
STEP 2: Notify Family and Friends
Once you set up your profile, spread the word via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Birthdays, holidays, and other gift-giving occasions are also a great time to encourage friends and family to contribute to your child's educational savings plan with The Gift of Education.
STEP 3: Track Gifts and Watch Your Educational Savings Grow
The Gift of Education keeps a detailed history of all gifts (including names and totals). An automated email notification is sent to the account holder each time a gift is received. The account holder can easily send "thank you" emails to all contributors.
Makes Gifts Meaningful
- A TGOE gift changes a child's future.
- Educational savings is a gift that will never be outgrown.
Saves Time & Money
- Free to set up an account.
- Online convenience: we're always OPEN.
- Takes the guesswork out of gift giving.
- No sales tax, wrapping paper or time consuming & gas-guzzling trips around town to find a gift.
- No more tracking down addresses, stamps or account numbers.
- Send thank you's directly from thegiftofeducation.com.
Safe & Secure
- The Gift of Education uses industry standard security measures: highest level of SSL encryption, together with daily SiteLock review and protection.
- Account holders have the option of a "public" or "'private" profile. A public profile will be searchable. A private profile will not be searchable.
- Personal information (age, address, financial information) is not available to the public. The only information that is displayed about a child is the information a parent or guardian writes in the child's profile.
- The Gift of Education does not have access to the educational savings accounts or college funds registered on the website.
Keeps it Green
- The Gift of Education gifts are GOOD for the environment: no wrapping paper, stamps, or gas-guzzling trips to the toy store.
- No more plastic toys!